Monday, December 10, 2007

For Whom Did Christ Die?

For Whom Did Christ Die? He died:

1. For all


1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

2. For every man

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

3. For the world

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

4. For the sins of the whole world

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

5. For the ungodly

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

6. For false teachers

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

7. For many

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

8. For Israel

John 11:50-51 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

9. For the church

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

10. For me

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


(I am not sure where I originally copied this list from, but I thought it would be a good addition to this blog.)

2 comments:

  1. This post is awesome, brother!!! Even though people reject the Gospel, salvation, full and free in the Lord Jesus Christ, is available to ALL!!!

    I'm so grateful God saved me!

    Keep on keepin' on, and Lord bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you stopping by and commenting, Brother Mike. I am sorry I have not been active lately on my blogs, but Lord willing, that should change now.

    Thank you also to everyone else who has visited this (or my other) blog(s). I try to check out the blogs of all those who leave comments.

    I look forward to reading more input from others - as that is always an encouragement to me when I know that the Lord has used something I put together (or have placed on my blogs) to be a strength or blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete